Join my wife and me for a food and wine tour in Southern Italy May 1-8, 2016.
Explore the food, wine and art of Campania's coast. Borgo La Pietraia overlooking the Tyrrhenian sea will serve as home base for exploring the Amalfi and Cilento coasts.
- Explore the historic center of the city founded by siren Parthenope, visit the Castel Nuovo and eat lunch at Naples' most historic pizzeria.
- Travel by private boat along the Amalfi coast to the island of Capri.
- Discover the ceramics shops and factories in Vietri sul Mare and eat a 5-course seafood feast at a family-run trattoria.
- Spend a day on the beach at Castellabate Santa Maria and then eat like the locals do in Agropoli.
- Travel an underground river described in The Odyssey.
- Learn to cook from a Baronessa at her farm on the Sele Plain.
- Visit the 6th century BCE ruins of Paestum and then the beaches where the Allied forces came ashore during WWII.
- Taste wine at the Cilento vineyards and visit local farms.
$1950 per person includes accommodations, ground transportation (including airport transfers to Naples), breakfast daily, all dinners, tastings and most lunches.